Tel: (413) 577-2187
M, T, W, Th: 8am-5pm
Off Campus Student Center
Tel: (413) 577-1005
314 Student Union
Closed 12/24 - 1/2
Winter Session Hours:
M, T, W, Th, F: 10am-2pm
HCR Customer Service Expectations
Exceptions to these standards will be noted in the yellow box in the Center of the homepage. Unless otherwise noted, customers can expect the following:
Monday - Thursday
- Acknowledgment of voice and email messages sent in 24 hours.
- Rental listing status acknowledgment sent same day if submitted by 2pm.
- Housemate/Tenant Profiles posted the same day if submitted by 2pm.
- Acknowledgment of voice and email messages sent next business day.
- Rental listing status acknowledgment sent same day if submitted by 1pm, otherwise sent during weekend.
- Housemate/Tenant Profiles posted the same day if submitted by 2pm, otherwise posted during weekend.
Saturday and Sunday
- Rental listings and Profiles will be posted at least once each weekend. Rental listings and Profiles that cannot be posted will be acknowledged the next business day. Other communications submitted on Saturday and Sunday will be acknowledged by the end of the day Tuesday.
CHANGE TO SERVICE EXPECTATIONS
Seasons Greetings. Between Tuesday, December 23rd and Thursday, January 1, 2015 Rentals and Profiles will be reviewed once daily, usually in the evening. Replies to voice and email messages will be made beginning Friday, January 2.
So you've decided to move off campus. Get tips and answers to FAQs...
Looking for someone to sublet your place? Search the Housemate/Tenant Profiles.
DID YOU PAY A SECURITY DEPOSIT? GET IT BACK! Your landlord has 30 days to act on a request to return your security deposit. Questions? Read more...
Welcome to the Housing and Community Resources website, part of Off Campus Student Services at the University of Massachusetts Amherst. We provide resources for tenants, landlords, property managers, parents, and community members in the greater Amherst area.
For our students and parents the website provides information in the Resource Center on budgeting, leases and rental agreements, landlord and tenant responsibilities, setting up a household, family living, getting involved on and off campus, neighbor relationships, and much more. For landlords who rent to our students there are sample forms, average contract rents, checklists, and worksheets that will enable you to find tenants and form mutually beneficial landlord/tenant relationships.
Please note that the information found on this website pertains only to Landlord/Tenant laws in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. If you are viewing this website from another state you should be aware that this area of law differs significantly from state to state. If you are a University of Massachusetts Amherst student and have questions or concerns about the information here, please contact the Student Legal Services Office, (413) 545-1995.