Tel: (413) 577-2187
M, T, W, Th: 8am-5pm
Off Campus Student Center
Tel: (413) 577-1005
314 Student Union
Winter Session Hours:
M, T, W, Th, F: 10am-2pm
HCR Customer Service Expectations
Exceptions to these standards will be noted in the yellow box in the Center of the homepage. Unless otherwise noted, customers can expect the following:
Monday - Thursday
- Acknowledgment of voice and email messages sent in 24 hours.
- Rental listing status acknowledgment sent same day if submitted by 2pm.
- Housemate/Tenant Profiles posted the same day if submitted by 2pm.
- Acknowledgment of voice and email messages sent next business day.
- Rental listing status acknowledgment sent same day if submitted by 1pm, otherwise sent during weekend.
- Housemate/Tenant Profiles posted the same day if submitted by 2pm, otherwise posted during weekend.
Saturday and Sunday
- Rental listings and Profiles will be posted at least once each weekend. Rental listings and Profiles that cannot be posted will be acknowledged the next business day. Other communications submitted on Saturday and Sunday will be acknowledged by the end of the day Tuesday.
TUESDAY, JANUARY 27, 2015
UMass Amherst campus is closed today.
Off-campus students are advised to track UMass weather alerts and other important service information at www.umass.edu/closing/. We also advise that students sign up to receive UMass Alerts to receive comprehensive emergency communications.
Landlords can help us by checking-in with first-time tenants if there are power outages.
Welcome to the University of Massachusetts Off Campus Student Services website. We provide resources for prospective and current tenants, landlords, property managers, parents, and community members in the greater Amherst area.
For our students and parents the website provides information in the Resource Center on budgeting, leases and rental agreements, landlord and tenant responsibilities, setting up a household, family living, getting involved on and off campus, neighbor relationships, and much more. For landlords who rent to our students there are sample forms, average contract rents, checklists, and worksheets that will enable you to find tenants and form mutually beneficial landlord/tenant relationships.
Please note that the rental information found on this website pertains only laws in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. If you are viewing this website from another state you should be aware that these areas of law differs significantly from state to state. If you are a University of Massachusetts Amherst student and have questions or concerns about the information here, please contact the Student Legal Services Office, (413) 545-1995.